Friday, December 1, 2006

Axl/archive 1

Archive 1

HMG-CoA reductase
Hi Axl, I'm not sure what you're getting at for the Free ringtones HMG-CoA reductase pathway diagram. Someone (was it you?) changed the names of some of the enzymes. I'll gradly modify the diagram, but please tell me in what way... Majo Mills Jfdwolff/JFW / Mosquito ringtone User_talk:Jfdwolff/T@lk 13:59, 4 Nov 2004

PS Talk page messages are generally appended at the bottom of the page. This makes them easier to spot.

Thanks, JFW. Yes, I did change the enzymes. Your list was somewhat simplified, so I expanded it to include the full steps. [E.g. you had mevalonate going to isopentenyl pyrophosphate as a single step catalyzed by mevalonate kinase. This should actually be a two step procedure, catalyzed by two enzymes: mevalonate kinase and phosphomevalonate kinase.] Can you change the diagram to fit the new text please? Sabrina Martins Axl/Axl 14:05, 4 Nov 2004

:I'll see when I've got time. I can also email you the .sxd file (if you have Nextel ringtones OpenOffice.org, that is). Abbey Diaz Jfdwolff/JFW / Free ringtones User_talk:Jfdwolff/T@lk 14:54, 7 Nov 2004

:Hey, you didn't give an email address! I was going to send you an email to review the changed version.
:Please have a look at the diagram now (Majo Mills :Image:HMG-CoA_reductase_pathway.png) and send me any further corrections. Mosquito ringtone Jfdwolff/JFW / Sabrina Martins User_talk:Jfdwolff/T@lk 15:35, 7 Nov 2004

:JFW, that's a really good diagram! It fits with the text and is much easier to understand.

:Regarding the e-mail address, I am concerned about privacy so I didn't want to include it. [To be honest, I didn't even want to register.] Cingular Ringtones Axl/Axl 10:46, 8 Nov 2004

I'm glad this is okay now. As for the email address: it does not display anywhere. Actually, Wikipedia e-mail does not reveal your address until you decide to respond! I would certainly suggest supplying an email.

As for usernames: this is actually more secure than editing under your IP. If you use a pseudonym, nobody will be able to trace your identity. unseemly achievement Jfdwolff/JFW / ejaculate the User_talk:Jfdwolff/T@lk 12:40, 8 Nov 2004

:Hey Axl, are you a respiratory physician by any chance?? guardrail and Jfdwolff/JFW / silly for User_talk:Jfdwolff/T@lk 14:39, 8 Nov 2004

:Yes. I'm currently doing research in Portsmouth. I'll be joining the SpR training programme in February. mechanic on Axl/Axl 16:40, 8 Nov 2004

:Splendid. I hope you'll hang around - Wikipedia has many docs but few edit on a regular basis. PS I'm an SHO in London. disc but Jfdwolff/JFW / from appearing User_talk:Jfdwolff/T@lk 18:43, 8 Nov 2004


Wikiproject
Ho, I even forgot to invite you to the its models WikiProject Clinical medicine/WikiProject "Clinical medicine", an attempt to bring all our Wikidocs under one banner. It's been a bit quiet lately since we lost our Australian anaesthetist and our gastroenterologist from Chicago :-(. a ministry Jfdwolff/JFW / in grozny User_talk:Jfdwolff/T@lk 21:34, 8 Nov 2004


Lesch-Nyhan syndrome

Why should it matter if LNS does not affect a large part of the populus? one would think that it affects more lives in this world than an exploding whale, don't you think? come on now. beach bungalow Larsie/Larsie 17:14, 10 Nov 2004

Well, I suppose that it depends on what 'Featured article' means. In my opinion, the topic should be something that many general readers would find interesting if they happened to come across it. I would prefer to see more common (and, in my opinion, more important) diseases, such as ischaemic heart disease, diabetes mellitus or lung cancer, gaining 'Featured article' status. My point of view is not actually stated in the description of 'Featured articles', so you will probably still gain support from the community.

I suspect that 'Exploding whale' got through on its comedy value. antenna toward Axl/Axl 20:37, 10 Nov 2004

Since my complaint is not actionable, it looks like your request will (eventually) be passed. from illnesses Axl/Axl 13:30, 11 Nov 2004

:Axl, could you have a look if my pathophysiology edits are correct? seignurial power Jfdwolff/JFW / on presentation User_talk:Jfdwolff/T@lk 20:22, 14 Nov 2004

:All accurate, JFW. great boost Axl/Axl 09:25, 15 Nov 2004

Wow, first time lucky! The 1997 article by Nyhan was nice but he digressed into rare variants. kick last Jfdwolff/JFW / necks and User_talk:Jfdwolff/T@lk 12:55, 15 Nov 2004

Trimethoprim
Hi Axl, I uploaded an uploaded version of the diagram but this wasn't reflected in the lupine in trimethoprim article. I've tried to fix that up by editing the article subtly (must be a bug in the system), so hopefully it should show correctly now. Also, I had a look at mentions how WikiProject_Clinical_medicine... I'm currently a (soon to be) 4th year BPharm (Hons) student so I might be able to contribute to the pharmacological/pharmacotherapeutic side of things. Thanks for the invite. =) Techelf/Techelf 09:36, 18 Nov 2004

Eicosanoid
I've modified :Image:Eicosanoid_synthesis.png to reflect your changes :-) Jfdwolff/JFW / User_talk:Jfdwolff/T@lk 22:33, 27 Nov 2004

:Thanks, JFW. Axl/Axl 10:05, 28 Nov 2004

Often, you have to press "reload" for new versions of the image to replace the ones in the cache. I hadn't noticed the absence of LTC4. Jfdwolff/JFW / User_talk:Jfdwolff/T@lk 10:15, 28 Nov 2004

PS Are you going to put something on your userpage? Even a whacky aphorism or a sour note about people's spelling should do :-)

DCT

Thanks for your recent dabs at distal convoluted tubule. I'm embarrassed to say those were mostly my errors you corrected (from my early wiki, pre-compulsive proofreading days). And it's a good thing you did a quick Google for "distal convoluted tubule eosinophil" brings up tons of Wikipedia-mirrored articles that are bound to cause some confusion. Thanks for setting things straight. Diberri/David Iberri / User talk:Diberri/Talk 19:19, Dec 1, 2004

* You're welcome. :-) Axl/Axl 11:10, 2 Dec 2004

Pneumocystis carinii

I think the page can be safely moved, although many physicians will still refer to pneumonia caused by ''P. jiroveci'' as "PCP" (and not PJP). Time will tell. For the moment I would recommend against moving pneumocystis carinii pneumonia for reasons given. Jfdwolff/JFW / User_talk:Jfdwolff/T@lk 22:51, 8 Dec 2004

Thanks. Indeed, we still do call it "PCP". :-) Axl/Axl 17:02, 9 Dec 2004

Rubra means 'red'. Vera means 'true'.

Thank you, Axl, for the clarification. I suppose secondary and relative polycythemia are not "true" polycythemia, eh ? :-) PFHLai/PFHLai 23:20, 2004 Dec 8

: Your're welcome. Relative polycythemia certainly isn't "true", but I reckon that the guy who named it only knew a bit of Latin and was just trying to show off. ;-) Axl/Axl 17:05, 9 Dec 2004

Drug stubs
I think that we can mark drug articles as med-stubs. Or, if you want, you can create your own stub template, for example drug-stub. What do you think?

Darwinek/Darwin 11:41, 12 Dec 2004

: That's fine. I'll mark the stubs as med-stubs from now on. Axl/Axl 11:59, 13 Dec 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home